Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sometimes, to really help a person is to let go. Supposed to tutor some N level kids whose N level is just in a few days time. When they reach, I slowly take my own sweet time to walk down to meet them. After meeting them, I told them I'm going for dinner, even before I start tutoring them. I went for an hour dinner break, slowly enjoying my dinner and watching popeye.

The idea I wanna bring across- Nobody cares for u more than u urself! Not even ur bf, gf, parents. It's not our exams anyway. That's y I slowly take my time, hoping that they'll feel it. I'm not going to help them if I dun see any effort on their part.

To retain is not a bad thing too. If the mindset is not there, to advance up is a torture itself. Just like I used to have one student who wants to go JC, but in the end she gave way to temptation. Her mindset is not there. Even if I can make her go JC, she wun survive there. So isn't it more of harming her than helping her? The same as these kids. If the mindset is not there and they get promote, wun it be a torture for them next year when they had to fight with the cream of the country? I rather they repeat one year and go JC then save that one year and ended up in ITE. So my philosophy is, if the mindset is not right, I rather they retain. Retain one year, cannot wake up, retain again, until they wake up and change their mindset.

Anyway, not to worry. If they still can't wake up, I've found a job for them- SBS bus driver. Earns about $1100 per month, work 12 hours shift, waking up at 3am in the morning to collect bus, and sending the bus back at 11pm, with breaks in between. I respect bus drivers, cos they earn money with their own hands. They worked for the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home