Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Watched "One Litre of Tears". The show is based on a true story about this girl who was diagnosed with Spinocerebellar Degeneration(SCD). The disease basically "eats up" her cerebellum(brain), which will cause her to lose her walking ability, speech, swallowing etc over time. This disease retains her mental capacity, but degenerate the body. It imprisons a person within their own body.

This girl writes a diary, until she could no longer holds a pen. From a normal healthy girl, she gradually loses her ability to walk, to write, to speak, to swallow- some abilities that we have taken for granted. She began to search for the meaning of her life after getting this disease.

Some words from her diary:
"Why did this disease choose me? I cannot carry it, if it's just for the word 'Fate'"

"I want to build a time machine and revisit the past. If it weren't for this disease, I might be in love. I want to cling onto someone's arm so badly."

" I really don't want to say things such as 'I want to go back to how things were before.' I recognise how I am right now, and I will continue to live on"

"Even though I have been hurt by those heartless glances, this also helped me to understand that around me, there exists some gentle glances."

"What's wrong with falling down? You can always stand up again."

"If you look up at the sky after falling down the blue sky is also today stretching limitlessly and smiles at me... I'm alive."

"Reality is too cruel, too brutal. I don't even have the right to dream. As I think about the future, the tears will come out again."

"People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that you're doing now."

"People always say God is unfair to us. But have we been fair to ourselves?"

"Instead of pursuing things that are already lost, we might as well treasure the things we have now."

"If we always moan how clever we are used to be, it will only increase our depression."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home