Thursday, March 01, 2012

One of my friend and I both feel that some people just deserve to be failures in life. Forgive me if I sound harsh. Failure may not be a bad thing. Everything is amoral if u look at it in a bigger picture.

I have a fellow colleague who has been dabbling in the stock market for over 10 years. And he has been losing money. He always mention to me how he played the stock market and I always tell him his mistakes, but he never change and persist in his own ways. He set his own rules, which is not wrong, but it is not making him money. Instead of finding out the mistakes, which I had pointed out to him many times, he still continue his own way until today, he finally said that he is not touching the stock market anymore...

And today, I asked if he believed in luck. He say yes. He took his stock market experience as an example and blame his luck for losing money. Well, I had told him his mistakes many times and he refuse to listen. He took the market as a gambling den and refuse to learn and then conveniently push the blame to luck.

For me, I believe in luck to a certain extent. Of cos, we can't choose where we r  born into. We can't choose our looks. We can't choose our parents. We can't choose the country that we will be in. But there are many other things that we can choose. I can choose what we believe in. We can choose to believe in something. We can choose to work hard for something. And I think all those that we can choose far outweigh those that we can't choose.

People tend to group everything they can't understand into luck. They say that the person who got promoted is due to luck, but do they try to understand the hard work that person put into without him knowing? Or even if that person played some game to attain that position, at least he bother to learn how to play that game and played it to his advantage.





 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home