Friday, October 15, 2010

I seem to get irritated easily these days when people try to "glorify" investment. Although I know that it's other people's choice, somehow or rather, I feel that investment seems like a trap by the big banks and investment firms to trap the mass market. Saw my dad reading a book about investment. Although I should say I'm happy that he started to read all these, but I don't agree with what the author say- "Hold for long term. It'll pay off eventually". A lot of financial planner and banks will quote that generally, the stock market goes up and if u hold for long term, u'll earn money. Is it really true? Has anyone went to back test it? Or is it that everyone just take what they say as the holy gospel? I checked. What they say is partially true.. 50% true, and 50% false. They cleverly use the words like "generally" and "long term" to cover they own backside. How general is generally? Can they guarantee it? And how long is long term? 3 days? 5 days? 1 month? 1 year? 5 years? 10 years? or 100 years?

There's always sales pitch and fact. We must know how to differentiate between the two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home