Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Financial Freedom

How much is enough? How much do u need in order to reach financial freedom? Is 1 million enough? 10 million? 100 million? If so, how do u get that 1 million, 10 million or 100 million?

Financial freedom as being able to survive for the rest of their life without working. Some people work hard and save most of their paycheck, trying to accumulate their 1 million in the bank so that they need not work a single day for the rest of their life again.

To others, for example me, I don't aim to have 1 million in my bank to be declared as financially free. As long as my money earns me more than my expenses every month, I will declare myself financial free. I emphasize- As long as my MONEY earns me more than my expenses every month, I will declare myself as financially free!

Working people see money as a trade off with work. Therefore to them, the only way to get money is thru work. So in order not to work, they work harder now to accumulate the money in their bank so that they need not work later in life. And so, it's hard for them to reach financial freedom. Even if they can, they'll need to work a lot harder in exchange for their desired future.

For others, they see money as having the ability to grow. Therefore, they need not have a few millions in their bank. As long as their money can earn them more than their expenses every month, they r financially free. In actual fact, they need to have lesser money per month compared to their counterparts.

For example, person A and B both have expenses of $2000 per month. For person A who is a working adult, he needs to earn perhaps $3000 a month. After deducting the expenses, he can save $1000 every month. And he has to save 1000 months in order to save 1 million in his bank. However, to reach his goal faster, he will need to work harder and harder.

Person B, however, who believes in money working for him, need not aim to have a lot of money. As long as his money gives him $2000 every month, he is financially free. Which means he need not work and still able to survive. And it also means he'll reach his goal faster than person A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home