Sunday, December 17, 2006

I feel that whenever u help someone or made a difference in their lives, it's like lighting a candle, the candle of life.

In the tsunami of 2004, The Rotary Club of Singapore send a team of young volunteers to Thailand to help to rebuild the homeland. Before they left, Jimmy, the person incharge, asked one of the volunteers how he wanted to help those people. And that volunteer said that he wanted to make a difference to the lives of those Tsunami victims.

At the end of the whole thing, Jimmy ask the same volunteer again how he had helped them and that guy said:"I wanted to make a difference to their lives, but in turn, they had made a difference in my live."

How many times have we felt that we r more superior? An adult seeing a kid, does he feel that he's more superior than them? In my previous job, I used to have a number of people under me. I tell them they cannot go back that weekend and that's it. I tell them they have to work late and that's it too. But am I more superior than them? NO.

What makes u feel that u r more superior than others? As we grow up, our egos grow too. And it blinds us from the fact that everyone is equal. We become more protective, and less open to things around us. And once we're not open, we can't learn.

Who can confidently says that he is more superior than a 3 years old kid? Yes, the adult has the money, the power etc. But the 3 year old kid has something that money can't buy. He has happiness, he has simplicity, he has innocence, he has the world. And what makes an adult feel that he is superior than a 15 year old student?

The more we gain in one thing, the more we lose in another. Everyone has 24hrs a day. No one has more, no one has less.

So everytime we go around helping people, we're like lighting up their candle. Many people lighted up my candle too, from all walks of lives, and from all ages. Did I light up ur candle?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home