Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Suddenly I am awaken to the idea that it makes no financial sense to own a car. Without a car, I can save an extra of about $1000 a month. It adds up to $12,000 a year. Yes, car can buy convenience, but for $12,000 a year?

Even now with a car, I travel by public transport if it's too far. So it makes no difference whether I have a car or not. With $1000 a month, I can travel the whole of Singapore many times round and round.

As for my job, I see many colleague without cars too and they can still survive. As long as we plan viewings well, it can still be done. Anyway, I serve more sellers and landlords, so I can always take public transport down. And I prefer to take public transport as I can read my book or do my own reflection on bus or train but I can't do it when driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home