Sunday, December 31, 2006

On this last day of 2006, let me summarise my entire year. Perhaps I can split the year into first half and second half:

The first half of the year and the second half of the year is very different. The first half is filled with heartache, sadness, obstacles, stress etc. In february, things deteriorate between me and Xinyan. And the relationship breaks down. In april, went Taiwan for training. In june, I told my boss that I wanted to leave the force, after seeing so many disgusting things and people inside.

The second half of the year is like another new life for me. It's entirely different. I started my post graduate studies. I tried to be a pilot for SIA, and still trying. I left the force, and sometimes doing relief teaching. It's less stressful, more relaxing period for me. The first time in my life that I have a goal: To get into SIA as a pilot. Life is more energizing. Perhaps the best take away during this time is the relief teaching. Got to know some wonderful students who taught me a lot of things. They taught me about trust, about free will, about love. The love doesn't mean bgr kind. Sometimes adults tend to think what can young kids teach them? In actual fact they can teach them a lot. Keep an open mind. Treat them as equal. They may not have as much knowledge as them, but they have something that is long lost in adults- Innocence, simplicity, love.

I become more interested in afterlife and past life. More into the spirituality, metaphysics aspect. It's what Xinyan used to tell me about a year back. And it took me a year. There's no good or bad. There's always a time for everything.

I must say I am very different for the first half of the year and the second half of the year. I was like a money making zombie, lifeless, goal-less, aimless, for the first half. The second half is almost the exact opposite. I learn of lot from my falls, from lessons of other people, from opportunities.

And last of all, at the last day of the year, wish everybody a Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home